Sunday, September 27, 2009

Total Awesomeness.

I can't believe I forgot to post about this. Well, I didn't totally forget. I would remember, then forget, then remember, then forget. Then I remembered today in church and promised myself I would not forget. So here we are. And you're wondering what this total awesomeness is that I speak of.
Well here it is:
Phil's in a new box.
And I'm not yet.
Last week at church, Phil was looking through the bulletin and pulled out a little piece of paper called the Communication Insert. It's basically just a way for the church staff to get all your personal info and add you to the Sunday morning head count. Being a rule follower to the nth degree, Phil asked me for a pen and started filling it out in his illegible cat scratch. I am the type who would only be interested in whether or not the insert had a blank back on which I could doodle. Phil is the type who would honestly answer every single question on the form and then be sure he turned it in to the proper people/place AND ON TIME...but writes so illegibly that he might as well just give it to me to doodle on and throw away when I'm done. Anyway, he was going along answering each question...and then he got to the boxes. It was the section where they ask you to check the box next to your age group. He stopped, leaned over, and said, "What the heck??? I'm in a new box!!!" Lo and behold, Phil had left the young, hip 23-30 box, never to return again. He now unwillingly found himself in the 31-40 box, wondering what ever happened to his youth. Being the kind, loving, YOUNGER wife that I am, I said, "Oh this is soooooo going on the blog!".......


The dreaded boxes. Ha! I just realized that not only is Phil in a new box, but he's also on a new line!!!

.....Then on the way home, when he was once again lamenting being in his new box, I once again said I couldn't wait to put it on the blog, to which he responded, "Well, Babe, I didn't actually check the box."
Ha!
Poor Phil. No check needed. He's in the box, check or no check!

2 comments:

  1. Merran- This had me cracking up :) You tell a great story :) Very funny!! I love checking out Luke on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That literally made me LOL...

    ReplyDelete