Thursday, September 10, 2009

ORANGE You Glad I Ate My Carrots?

We finally found a vegetable that Luke will eat...CARROTS!
You saw what happened with the green beans. Sweet potatoes didn't go any better. I even tried oatmeal. It was a no-go. I tried bananas--real bananas, even. FAIL. I decided to give another non-green veggie a try before ditching them all together. I also took a page out of my friend Lara's book and let Phil feed Luke without me in the room. Lara's daughter, Aspen, won't eat solids if her mom feeds them to her (because she'd rather nurse), but she will eat just fine if her dad feeds them to her. Luke definitely did better eating tonight with Phil. I don't know if it was just because he didn't hate what he was eating or if it was because I wasn't there. Who knows and who cares. I am just glad he actually swallowed some food! Now I just hope that we can find something else that he likes, because if he won't eat anything but carrots, he'll soon be Wayne Newton's skin twin.


This may be the first-ever smile while eating solids.


Love the nose.


He actually leaned toward a few bites, like he might have actually WANTED to eat his carrots.


And, as usual, when he was done, he got his favorite thing to eat--his thumb.
Notice that this is his right thumb, which he only sucks sideways.


Then he found his best friends--his feet.

...and here are some Michelin Man pics from post-clean up that prove that even though he hasn't eaten much solid food, he hasn't missed a liquid meal.








3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! What a great idea, I never would have thought of that!! Do you nurse him before you feed him baby food? That may help too if you aren't.
    Anyway...we're experimenting w/ the same foods you are right now!! I'm being a crazy person and making my own...it's going really well so far!! But I can't wait to hear what else y'all are trying on him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how Sweet! I love my little Michelin nephew! These pictures crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rolls are soooo cute!!!! Hugs and Kisses. TPOP

    ReplyDelete