About 2 weeks ago we were in Tampa for my parents' 60th birthday party. Phil could only stay for the weekend, but Luke and I got to stay for a little more than a week! We had so much fun. For one thing, Luke got to meet my brother, Ben, for the very first time. I was so excited about this that I made up a song about it for Luke. No need to be impressed. The lyrics were nothing more than "We're going to meet Uncle Ben" over and over. (Music is in Phil's genes, not mine.) Anyway, my brother is really good with babies, and somehow, even though he's about 6'4", babies always like him. Sure enough, Luke really liked his Uncle Ben and vice versa. Luke also really liked Ben's wife, Abbi. He thought she was so fun and just stared at her and smiled, proving that he is a smart boy, because Abbi is GORGEOUS! Luke got to go to my Aunt Carol's house to play for a few hours and also got to go to my parents' office so they could show him off. Lots of family came to see him at my parents' house, too, which was so nice. Luke even got to play with his Tampa girlfriend, Finley (my best friend Paige's little girl), for a while. Finley's an older woman, so he was quite enamored of her. It was too cute. All in all, we had a fabulous time and left with lots of memories. (Well, I did anyway) Here are some pics from the trip!
This picture pretty much epitomizes what everyone did for fun: watched Luke. He we are watching him eat. Fun times.
Luke meeting his Uncle Ben at the airport.
Uncle Ben trying to make his cheeks as big as Luke's. Luke failed to find the humor in this.
Yet again, the center of attention. My best friend, Paige, my sister, Anne, and my dad are trying to get Luke to smile. Finley had better things to do.
Staring into Finley's big, blue eyes and trying to figure out how he can get down there to give her a big ol' kiss.
Finley, the older woman, with her gorgeous, big blue eyes.
Love.
So in love that he's willing to let the woman drive.
Luke being loved on by one of his biggest fans, my grandma.
Luke being fed by my grandma in my parents' LIVING ROOM! This proves how spoiled grandchildren are. My siblings and I weren't allowed to eat in the living room until we were at least 21. I'm still not sure if we are....
Playing with Pops (my dad).
Chillin' with my Aunt Kate and Cookie Monster.
Hanging out with my wild and crazy Aunt Debbie.
Meeting my silly Uncle Johnny for the first time. Luke's first encounter with a mustache. He didn't quite know what to think.
Speaking of silly Uncle Johnny...this was his doing.
Laughing it up with my Aunt Carol.

Going for a dry run in Uncle Johnny's kayak.
Having fun with his Aunt Annie, my little sister.
Helping Pops write up a contract.
Playing with Flipper (my mom).
Taking a spin in my old walker...yes, I know it looks like an ancient torture device, but supposedly I loved it and would fly around my parents' un-carpeted house like a speed racer. Luke kept getting body parts stuck in it, so he wasn't such a big fan...
Loving being the spoiled only grandchild...and loving having a grandchild to spoil!

So fun! Loved the photo and comment about being so in love he let the woman drive. Too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see pics from your visit! I wish my computer was working so that I could post Halloween pics! Maybe sometime this weekend.
ReplyDelete