Yesterday, November 29th, was Luke's 7 month birthday! He is more fun than ever these days, and we just love it.
These are a few of his newest developments this month:
~ He got his first cold this last week, just in time for Thanksgiving. He has the snottiest nose and has even been wheezing. We went to the doctor today, and even though Luke sounds awful, the doc said his lungs, ears, and throat all look good. He (not our usual doctor--she's awesome) tried to make us feel like idiots for thinking that Luke had been wheezing, since his lungs were clear. Luckily Luke got really excited and started flapping his arms and breathing heavily right before the doc left the room. He stopped short and said, "Yeah. He does really sound like he's wheezing, but his lungs are fine, so it must just be the congestion in his nose." Thank you very much Dr. Man. We both have asthma, as does a lot of our family...I think we know what wheezing sounds like.
~ Luke, the Incredible Hulk of babies, is now PULLING UP to a standing position. This kid is strong and determined. He could care less about perfecting his crawling (he's still army crawling) or even learning to sit up on his own (he'll sit forever if someone puts him in the sitting position, but he won't put himself into a sitting position), but he is ready to STAND UP and is starting to want to walk.
We are in for some T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!
Here is a video of Luke's latest trick. That's my dad's hand ready to catch Luke, should he slip and fall. Dad's not helping him, though. Luke does it all by himself!!
~ He's added some consonants to his babbling, and we are so glad. My email updates about "Your Baby's Development" had been talking forever about how we should able to hear our baby say things like "ma-ma", "da-da", and "ba-ba". We had never heard anything but squeals and ooohs and aaahs. We were starting to think we never would! While he still loves to squeal, he now likes to say "ba-ba-ba-ba", and occasionally you can hear a "da-da-da" or a "maaaa" come out of his mouth.
~ We have now moved him up to size 5 diapers!!!!! The kid is 7 months old, people. They only make diapers up to size 6. I'm worried. He is still a little small for the 5's, but he floods the 4's overnight and in the morning. There is nothing I hate more than multiple wardrobe changes and early wake ups due to leaking diapers!
Luke is such a sweet, good boy and we are so THANKFUL to be his parents!

OMG! I can't believe y'all are in size 5s! I need to get my hands on that little butter ball!! I'm so happy he's pulling up :) Get ready world! Here comes Luke! :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha.....I can't believe he is almost walking. WHOA!!!!! How fun will that be. And I had to laugh, Finley isn't even in size 4 yet! HA HA hA...I take her for her second flu shot tomorrow, I am going to make them weigh her and measure her. : I swear she has grown over the thanksgiving holidays....talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete