Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh, How He Loves to Be Outside....

You may have heard (or read) me talk about how much Luke loves to be outside. Many times when he was really little and not sleeping, Luke would get upset and start screaming and crying. Nothing I would do would make him happy. Then, out of desperation or pity for others' ears, I'd take him outside. Magically, he stop crying instantly and several times he even fell asleep instantly. It was amazing. There were times when I'd just sit outside holding him until I was close to a heat stroke, just so he'd be happy. Well, he's a much happier baby now (once I learned to just put him to bed even if he didn't look tired), but he still LOVES to be outside. Unfortunately, it's been really cold around here this fall, so we haven't been able to be outside much. I guess Luke has noticed and has been missing his outside time. This is what he started doing the other day...


...and yes...his mouth is open and resting on the wood trim of the window.

While I didn't think this was the best, most hygienic thing for him to being doing, I did think it was kind of cute the first time he did it, so I snapped a picture, then pulled him off and distracted him with something else. Well, the next day he was back at it...



This time I thought, OK, I've got to put an end to this....but first, wouldn't it be funny to get a picture of him from the other side of the window....So outside I went.
First I got this look:


What the...? How'd you get out there?

Then:



And then:



Ha! Poor little thing. He's gonna hate me one day for taking this picture! The worst part is that when I went back inside and pulled him off the wood, his whole face was a brownish orange from the wood stain. Now I felt like a horrible mother!

So I made up for it by taking him outside for a walk once Daddy got home! Of course we had to bundle him up first.


Finally, I'm outside!!


Dude, can we stop taking pictures and go for a walk already?


We stayed out so long, it was getting dark by the time we got back, but Luke didn't mind a bit.

*Phil is totally jealous of Luke's hat, by the way, so if anyone has one they want to give Phil, he said he'd be your best friend.*

4 comments:

  1. i am dying...DYING. that pic of him on the glass knocked me out of my chair at work. HAHAHAHAHA. this is hilarious. especially his face being covered in wood stain. horrible mom? maybe. awesome picture? definitely! worth it. what an adorable little guy. i think he's gonna have quite the unique personality. love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CANNOT WAIT to see him in person!!!!! Such a cutie! Maybe he and Jax can wrestle! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...your son is the cutest EVER. Love all your posts. You are definitely savoring all the moments. I am so proud of you and wish we could mama together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghhh, now that I have gotten my Luke FIX, I can go to sleep..nighty night lukey-loo! You cute big ol thing! :)

    ReplyDelete