Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wrestle Mania with Anthony.

Last week Luke and I were at my friend Carli's house for our weekly play date. Carli is the one with 5 boys (have I mentioned yet that she is my hero?), and Anthony is the youngest. He is the cutest little thing. I can't help but pick him up and squeeze him and kiss his chubby cheeks whenever I see him. Well, being the youngest of 5, Anthony is used to being the baby and gets really jealous whenever Luke, who is 9 months younger, is around. Usually he'll just take things away from Luke or nudge Luke to the side to try to sit or stand wherever Luke is. When we were at Carli's house one time when Luke was learning how to sit up on his own, Carli brought out a Boppy to put around Luke to help him sit up. Anthony saw what was going on and immediately went and sat down on the Boppy right behind Luke and kind of pushed him out of the way. What is so funny is that Anthony never says a word. He doesn't fuss or whine or cry or anything. He never hurts Luke or tries to be mean to him. He just goes and stakes his claim...boldly, but gently and silently. Last week during our play date Anthony decided he'd had enough of this cutesy little baby named Luke who was stealing the spotlight, so he decided to do something about it. I was in the kitchen talking to Carli, and my friend Alisha had taken Luke into the living room to let him play with the other kids. When I walked into the living room 5 minutes later, this is what I found:


Luke was quietly chewing on some puzzle pieces and trying to crawl over to grab something else to chew on. Anthony was ever-so-silently going along for the ride. Neither one of them had made a sound!

I couldn't believe that Luke wasn't complaining. He wasn't fussing or anything and seemed not to even notice that he had a 25 lb. human being sitting on his back. Luke probably weighs more than Anthony, but still! Anyway, once Carli and I realized both of the boys were fine, we ran and grabbed our cameras.


Anthony: "Dude, are you gonna get movin' or what?"
Luke: "I'm so over this kid."


Seriously. All Luke cared about was which puzzle piece to chew on.

After a minute or two, Carli pulled Anthony off Luke's back, and Luke went racing away to the kitchen. It wasn't long before Anthony saw Luke playing with another toy in a new place and couldn't stand it.


Anthony: "You can run, but you can't hide!"
Luke: "Come on man, all I wanted was to chew on this cool red clock."


Carli's take on this picture: "Hurry up! Look at the time....I'm gonna be LATE!!"


Getting desperate, Anthony picks up a remote control hoping to make Luke move a little faster.

At this point, Luke figured out how to get Anthony off his back. He just rolled over and knocked him right off! Anthony would have gotten right back on, but we finally separated the boys. Luckily for Anthony, Luke is the gentlest of giants!

1 comment: