Since so many of my posts seem to take so long to do, I've been wanting to find a way to do smaller ones more regularly.....so I've decided to start a new thing called Stinker Stories. They'll just be little anecdotes about Lukie Lu and his silly shenanigans and such. They may or may not be accompanied by a picture, so if you are one who only looks at the pictures and reads the captions, then you might not get to experience some of the Stinker Stories with the rest of us. I hope this will be a fun addition to the blog, and don't worry, I'll still be doing longer, picture-heavy posts for the bigger things. So without further ado....
Stinker Story #1: Ssssliiiiiiiii!!!
Luke has a Little Tykes slide that he loves to play with at home. He will see his slide and say "Ssssssliiiiiiiiiii" with the funniest little lisp, that's kind of more like a roll of the tongue. It slays us every time he says it, because it's just the CUTEST thing. He's been saying "slide" for a long a time now, but just in the last few weeks, we've realized that he can not only say the word, but also recognize other slides as "ssssssssliiii's". When we drive past a house with a visible swing set in the yard, he'll see the slide and I'll hear him say "Sssssliiii!" He can pick them out as we pass churches or schools with playgrounds, and of course if he's on a playground, he'll run towards the slide yelling, "ssssssliiiii!!" Anyway, I took Luke to the mall last week to buy him some new Crocs, because he's already outgrown the ones my parents bought him in March. As we walked through the mall, he pointed to all the escalators yelling "ssssliiiii" and signing the word for "please" on his chest, asking to go on the "slides". I thought it was adorable and felt so bad that I couldn't take him on the "slides" because he was in his stroller, and since I was there alone with him, I didn't feel comfortable taking him out of the stroller and leaving it behind as we rode the "slides" up and down. We did stop to look at them for a while, but I wish I could have taken him on a "sssssliiiiii"! Maybe next time.
Here are some pics of Daddy and Luke trying to put Luke's new shoes on while swinging in the hammock. I guess it was harder than you'd think.


that is hilarious. i guess an escalator is just a slide with teeth that does the work for you. what a freaking lil (big) genius
ReplyDelete