Friday, April 23, 2010

Bath Time Buddies...

While in Tampa, Luke got to spend lots of quality time with Finley. This made for some serious play time, a walk or two, and a trip to the park. Naturally, some major clean up was needed during all the fun. Thus, they got to add bath time to their list of things to do together. Luke was not disappointed.



Aaaaaaawww yeah, dude. There is a girl in my tub...That's what I'm talking about....


Then in about 2 seconds they both commenced the chew-a-thon.


Luke's didn't taste so good, so he showed off what a good spitter he is. Finley just delicately switched out her chew toy with no theatrics.


Oh my goodness...this is so fun!!


They were busy, busy, busy...

Then it was time to get down to business.

Is this what it would be like to have twins??

All was going well until Finley had a revelation and began trying to send her mom, Paige, silent messages via death stare.

Psssssst....pssssst.....Mom!! Do you see what I see?? There is a BOY in the tub with me!!!


No, really, Mom. I can see his......!!! Daddy's gonna freak out!


Luckily she was distracted (and quite offended) by a big bucket o' water to the head. Meanwhile Luke was totally oblivious and just happy to have a washcloth to play with.



It wasn't long before Finley's fight-or-flight reflexes kicked in, and she decided to defend herself by pouring water on Luke's head.


Unfortunately, every time she tried to pour it out on Luke, she poured it right onto her own head. Never one to cower in the face of competition, Luke chose to retaliate with some of the fiercest splashing ever seen in South Tampa. You can see the water flying all over the place.


Please look at the water in the tub right now. It hit white-water status. Anne and Paige were hiding behind a towel at this point. My mom was wondering how much water the tile floor could withstand before letting loose and caving in on the dining room below....


Once Fin called time for a water break, we new it was time to bring the fun to an end!
Thankfully, the babies survived their first co-ed bath and both came out unscathed....good thing, because I'm sure it won't be their last. We had so much fun with you, Fin and Paige!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, this is so adorable. I miss blogging. I think my new computer is coming soon! I am so grateful for these pictures of our two kids. What fun and what memories! It's so surreal to see OUR kids together, isn't it? I just love it! LOVE IT, love it! TPOP

    ReplyDelete