Saturday, December 5, 2009

He May Be a Yellow Jacket, But He's No Peach.

Well, even though Luke has Georgia (the state, NOT the university) blood, it seems that peaches just do not agree with him. I make most of his food, but yesterday for breakfast I tried giving him Gerber peaches for the second time. The first time was months ago, and I only gave him 1.5 bites. He spit it all out and made such horrible faces that I just gave up and gave him something else. Well, yesterday I decided to try again. He ate every last drop, without a single complaint. Then he spit up all day long. He is not a spitter-upper, so I knew something was wrong, and the fact that the spit up still smelled like peaches by the end of the day made me suspicious. He also had a diaper rash sort of thing going on, and he's never had diaper rash before. So...as a result, we are assuming that peaches and Luke are not friends and plan to keep them separated for a while at least. Oh well. I think those Gerber peaches are pretty nasty, anyway, and we don't get real Georgia peaches up here in the land of corn....

It's ok, though. Luke made it up to the state of Georgia today. Just look at this YELLOW JACKET love!



The funny thing is that after decking Luke out in his GT garb and suggesting we take a picture, I noticed that Phil was once again wearing UGA (boo-hiss) red on game day. After pointing that out, he was so disgusted with himself that he RAN upstairs and changed his clothes. He had been wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and jeans. When he came downstairs, he was wearing a navy blue GT shirt, jeans, a yellow jacket, and a GT hat...in the living room. I laughed out loud as he stood before me so proud of himself. When he sat down on the couch, I couldn't help but make fun of him. That's when he suggested we take the picture outside. Well, he proved to be the smarty pants then, because Luke was just wearing a long-sleeved shirt and light weight athletic pants, and I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and jeans, and it was FREEZING...and we had to take 42 pictures before we got a good one. Luckily I didn't listen to Phil complaining that I was taking too many pictures, because the above pic was the LAST one I took, and it was by far the best.
And of course Phil loves it and made it his profile pic on Facebook. Typical.

Here's a glimpse of the means to the end.








Bonus pic:


He put on an actual jersey to watch the game.
Studly.

1 comment: