Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Owwssssssiiiiiiiiigh....

It is nearly impossible to keep Luke inside these days. He asks to go outside from the minute he wakes up to the minute he goes to bed. It doesn't matter how much time he spends outside, either. He could be out there for a few hours, and the minute we force him to go back inside, he'll start asking or crying or screaming, "OWWWSIIIIIIIGH!!!!", and it takes a near miracle to get him to stop.
Thank God it is starting to cool down a bit and look like fall around here. This year has been the hottest summer we've had since moving here, and it's been pretty miserable. Luke hasn't minded one bit, though. The kid sweats like his daddy, which is to say more than you would think is humanly possible or healthy. Unlike his daddy, though, he could care less about being hot and sweaty. A couple weeks ago, I braved the scorching heat to play outside with Luke (read: sit on the porch in the shade and try not to move while watching Luke play), and I couldn't believe the sweatiness of my son and more over, the fact that it didn't bother him one bit. Phil, father and source of Luke's bionic sweatiness, lasted maybe .03 seconds outside with us before saying he couldn't take it anymore and abandoning us for the air conditioned indoors. I ran inside and got the camera to document the phenomenon that is my sweaty, crazy son.


We'd barely been out there 3 minutes and his hair was already completely soaked through and plastered to his head and his cheeks were bright red. Just like Daddy.


Sweaty, swampy man.


It was also Luke's first day of 1st grade, so we took a picture before he got on the bus.
I'm obviously kidding, but good grief! He looks so old in this picture that all he needs is a backpack and you'd think this was a first day of school picture!


This is how Luke blows bubbles. We've tried so hard to teach him how to blow bubbles, but he insists on just putting the wand in his mouth. Every. Single. Time.

Now prepare yourself. The next two pictures are hilarious (at least to me, anyway). Can you guess what Luke is doing?





Believe it or not, he is just walking down the two porch steps. He usually crawls backwards down all steps, so I guess holding on for dear life to keep from falling made for a super serious Stinker.


Once down the steps, the seriousness vanished as Luke ran out into the yard and marched around yelling "RAAAAAAY" (rain) over and over at the sky. I had just told him that it was getting cloudy and dark because it was going to rain. Maybe he thought I was asking him to call down the rain. Who knows. It was quite funny.



Speaking of funny, he would only make funny faces when I asked him to smile for the camera.


Goober.


Classic Stinker, scrunching his nose.


There we go. That's what I wanted.

Once the rain started coming down (his rain chants worked), we moved to the garage.


Luke was shocked and appalled when he saw his wagon and realized Mommy and Daddy had been hiding it from him for fear of having a heat stroke while walking around the block.


Deciding he'd take it for a ride himself, he stomped on the clutch and kicked it into gear.


"Wait. What's wrong with this thing?"


"Whatever. I'll just chill here and look smooth."

While I am sad that summer is pretty much over, I am excited about fall and am enjoying TONS of time "owwwwsiiiigh" with Luke and even Daddy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment