Friday, August 13, 2010

Blue Not-So-Suede Shoes...


The Stinker has been all about putting on other people's shoes lately. It took him a while to be able to walk in them, though. With a little help from Phil or me, he could get his feet in the big shoes and stand in them fine, but when he'd go to take his first step, he'd step right out of the shoes and right into a big ol' pile of frustration.
I guess it just took the perfect pair of shoes for him to get the hang of it. And those shoes were my sister's fancy new blue jellies that she showed up in a few weekends ago. Luke thought they were so cool and immediately wanted to put them on.


"I may not be wearing any pants, but I'm sooo gonna wear these blue shoes!"


He first tried slipping them on while standing.
That was a no-go.


He then took a seat and got down to business.


He even tried using both hands.


But he still had to ask for help.

Luckily all his hard work paid off when he was able to walk in his fancy blue shoes for the first time! My sister got it on video. Notice that half way through, he walks out of the shoe, tries to put it back on, and then gets so upset when he can't do it. Thankfully Annie came to the rescue with much needed words of encouragement, and he was able to finish his promenade down the hall.




...And just when I was starting to worry that Luke and his girly shoes might soon be joining Austin and Santino on their road trip, he was right back at it....


...showing the slide who's boss...


...beating up on Daddy...


...wrestling with Doggy...


...and rolling around on the ground making loud, unintelligible noises, while playing with a stolen iPhone and wearing no pants.

That's the Stinker I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment