Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friends.

While we were in Atlanta, we got to see some friends and meet their new kiddos. It was so much fun. First, we went dinner at the Milams' and met sweet little 3-month old Mary Beth. We couldn't believe how little and delicate MB was. Both Phil and I swore Luke was never that small! We didn't take Luke with us to dinner, but left him with his grandparents, so Betsy and I planned a lunch date the next day so that Luke could meet his Atlanta girlfriend. It was hilarious getting them together. Luke is enormous and chubby, and MB is long, skinny, and dainty. When I held him close to her, Luke just stared at her, and Mary Beth tried to win him over by showing off her precious smile. It was too cute! We love hanging out with Dan and Betsy (and MB, too) and are so glad that they live so close to Phil's parents' house. Let's hope they never, ever move!!


Luke and me with Betsy and Mary Beth.


Trying to capture the difference in their sizes. It's not so easy to see, but it was easy to feel. My arm was breaking, and I was slowly dropping him while Betsy danced around trying to get them to look at the camera.


This was pre-foot chomping. Luke is about to start gnawing on MB's tasty looking tootsies.


MB and the Tank. Their car seats are the same, just different colors. Look at how Luke fills his out just a tad more....

Next we met up with Keight and Jesse Dukes and their little dude, Judah. He was also little compared to our huge offspring, but Judah is a month younger, and Luke is just enormous. The boys shared a few friendly stares and a few spastic swats at each other's faces as they got to know each other. All in all, I think they hit it off. K8 and I have bonded over the highs and lows of baby manufacturing and the guessing game that is taking care of a newborn, so I really enjoyed getting to see her and meet the Judah bug, who is such a cutie pie. Jesse and Phil got to hang out and talk about fantasy football and other guy stuff, so they were happy campers, too. We hope to see them and the Milams again at Christmas!


Judah giving Luke a hey-dude-what's-up high five.


The moms with their boys.


They boys having a drink and talking about the cute girls in their nurseries.


Buddies.


The dads and their boys...total cuteness.

1 comment: