Sunday, August 30, 2009

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!

As you may have read in an earlier post, Luke has been struggling with rolling over for a while now. He could only roll over from his tummy to his back, but not back to tummy. It was totally messing up his sleeping since he sleeps on his tummy, yet loved to roll to his back. Anyway... this afternoon he FINALLY rolled to his tummy!!!!
We were about to leave to go to Rib Fest at our church (yes, Rib Fest. it was awesome). I was getting ready to go and Phil was watching Luke play on his play mat. Phil started yelling, "Babe! Look, look, look, he's almost doing it!!" I ran over and looked and Luke was trying so hard, but ended up giving up and going back to his back. Phil and I just kind of sighed and talked about how he was so, so close, but just couldn't make that last push to get all the way over. Phil left the room, and I walked away to keep packing up the diaper bag. When Phil came back a minute later, Luke was on his tummy! Phil and I went nuts with excitement, and then, of course, I ran for the camera.
We're so proud of our little man.
Now I am just hoping Luke won't wait months to do it again!


This is how we found him.


This is what he wanted to see so badly that he decided to give it another try.


What's the big deal, Mom?


YAY!! We're so happy!

1 comment: