Finally we got the Stinker to dip more than just his toes in the pool! Our wonderful neighbors, the Schrocks, gave us Reid's old kiddie pool which happens to be pretty big and in great shape. It's been sooooooo ridiculously hot and humid around here, so I've been trying hard to convince the Luke Man that swimming = fun. Finally on Sunday, he bought it! We'd let the water sit in the heat for a while, so it was sure to be warm enough. I dressed Luke in a not-cute suit and his Crocs, since the last time I tried to get him to swim he had much preferred to play in the mud and mulch in the backyard. I sat down on the side of the pool and stuck my feet in. Luke decided he wanted to stick his feet in, too. Then it wasn't long before he sat down, and it was smooth sailing from there!

Happy swimmer!

Look, Mom. I'm swimming!

Luke got a beach bucket with a shovel and watering can from our friends, the Christiansons, for his birthday, and they were big fun in the pool.

He loved pouring the water out of the watering can...

...and into his mouth. Gross me out.
After a while, Luke decided he wanted to get out and swing. I hadn't bought any swimming diapers yet, since Luke wasn't into swimming at all. Once out of the pool, his diaper was like a medicine ball hanging from his waist, so I just took it off. It was hilarious because his suit was too big without a diaper and just sagged around his little hips, showing off his big ol' belly in the front and a little something else in the back...

Our little redneck.

Stinker Bug playing in the water.
(The belly actually looks slim in this picture!)

Wanting to get into the pool all by himself, but a little intimidated by the task. You can do it Big Man!

Here he goes...very, very slowly.

Yay! You're doing it!
...And for some reason I didn't take a picture of him all the way in, having accomplished such a feat, but he did do it! All in all, it was a very successful event. We now have a swimmer on our hands. Now we get to hear him say "pooooo" every time he looks out the living room window/door at his favorite new pool!
After a while, Luke decided he wanted to get out and swing. I hadn't bought any swimming diapers yet, since Luke wasn't into swimming at all. Once out of the pool, his diaper was like a medicine ball hanging from his waist, so I just took it off. It was hilarious because his suit was too big without a diaper and just sagged around his little hips, showing off his big ol' belly in the front and a little something else in the back...

Our little redneck.

Stinker Bug playing in the water.
(The belly actually looks slim in this picture!)

Wanting to get into the pool all by himself, but a little intimidated by the task. You can do it Big Man!

Here he goes...very, very slowly.

Yay! You're doing it!
...And for some reason I didn't take a picture of him all the way in, having accomplished such a feat, but he did do it! All in all, it was a very successful event. We now have a swimmer on our hands. Now we get to hear him say "pooooo" every time he looks out the living room window/door at his favorite new pool!

yes! that's good for a few hours of happy occupation per day. especially if its as ungodlgy hot up there as it is here. i cant decide if your sentence. "his diaper was like a medicine ball hanging from his waste" was a typo of "waist" (if so, its the funniest one ever) or if it was literally hanging from his human waste deposit.
ReplyDelete